Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chicken Scratch?


Have you ever come across a note and wondered "what the heck was I thinking?" or "I wonder what this is supposed to mean"? I've had this envelope in my pattern folder for a few years now, and, only recently remembered what it referred to. I knew it was an important reminder, but of what, I had no clue.
This is actually a handmade chart for a crocheted shawl pattern. Normally, I don't use charts very often. Charts are more for filet crochet, or intricate thread designs. At the time, I wanted to remember how I had started this particular shawl....without writing out all the stitches.
Now that I've tried it again, I know why I had written it out that way. It was a favorite design and it saved a lot of writing. It was a lesson learned - to take better notes!

2 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love the yarn used in the second shawl!!!!

Vintage aka Vinty said...

I find notes and don't even recognise my own handwriting! Thanks for making me feel better. It all comes back to you.....eventually!

AddThis