Friday, April 30, 2010

Here, There, and Everywhere!

Today's topic for the Knit & Crochet Blog Week is "Where do you like to indulge in your craft?" and, for me, it is more like "Where don't I?"
When I was younger I used to tease my sister because she was always knitting. Now, I know why. It's so easy to take my knitting and crochet wherever I go. I spent an hour knitting in the car last night, waiting for my daughter who was late from rehearsal. So, I have gotten into the habit of keeping a project with me most of the time. You never know when you'll need to kill some time.

My most favorite place to knit or crochet is around the campfire. We cook outside a lot in the summer, whether it's while camping, or just in our back yard. We often grill over a wood fire and sometimes use the dutch oven. One thing about knitting (or crocheting) around the fire, is that your project will smell like smoke. So, I wouldn't work on a custom order, or anything that couldn't be washed. But something that's going to be felted in the washing machine anyway is the perfect project!

I especially love making shawls. They're such an old world style and working on one while relaxing around the fire gives me a wonderful "homey" feeling. Oh and it's even better when the kids are singing Spongebob's C.A.M.P.F.I.R.E. S.O.N.G. song!

4 comments:

Vivianne said...

That is a super-pretty shawl :-)

craftybegonia said...

Lovely shawl, beautiful work!

knittingdragonflies said...

I agree! Campfire knitting is the best!
Lovely shawl, is that knitted or crochet?
Vicki

Annemarie's Breiblog said...

Lovely! If you like, I have a link party on my blog every Saturday. I would be thrilled if you add something you've made.

AddThis