Tuesday, April 27, 2010

An Inspirational Pattern - Knit and Crochet Blog Week, Day 2



Cables! I love the beauty of the many knit cable stitches, but I haven't taken the time to try them. Well, I did try a cable pattern a long time ago, but I was new to knitting and totally confused. This particular pattern from Lion Brand is beautiful, but probably not something I'd choose as my first attempt. They were offering it as a knit-a-long awhile ago and I would have loved to try it. Maybe someday. For now, I think I'll stick with a simple cabled leg warmer design.
To see more posts from Day 2 of Knit and Crochet Blog Week click HERE.


11 comments:

ieva said...

Looks really nice. Topside would be a challenge maybe.

aarycia said...

oh cables, yeah i agree with you : i would like to try, but there are so many things i want to try and knit that i haven't found the time (and the skill) yet :).

stephcuddles said...

That looks so complex, definately inspirational :)

Allison said...

I love cables! That pattern is amazing. Just think of it as knitting a bunch of leg warmer cables at once!

Saffy said...

That sweater/tunic is really beautiful. Lots of cables but elegantly arranged - very nice :)

rachel said...

Such an elegant pattern!

diannadesigns said...

I think I downloaded that pattern when it was a KAL, but didn't knit it either. I do love it though!

Knit Minion said...

That looks like it would be a great jumper to knit, but I could see myself being driven to despair when I messed up the cables! :-)

KnitMinion

yarnpiggy said...

Ooooh! Cables! Something I've actually done before! LOL.

The thing I love about cables is that while they look incredibly difficult (and the non-knitters are soooo impressed by them), they really aren't difficult with just a bit of practice. They do make the knitting a wee bit slower, but oh, so worth it.

Oh, and once you learn to cable without a needle...magic! Grumperina has a great tutorial here: http://www.grumperina.com/cables.htm

~RaenWa~ said...

I saw that pattern the other day when I was searching for something with cables. I was looking for something fairly small to make with cables the only other thing I had made was a scarf. But that pattern is way out of my cable league at the moment.

Ande said...

Oh that pattern is fantastic... I think that would make an absolutely gorgeous dress, but alas... I cant knit that well and cables are one thing I've never tried. *sigh*

AddThis