Sunday, June 20, 2010

Etsy Craft Party Doodlez


Thanks to Valerie Tyler for hosting the Cleveland Etsy Craft Party! It was in celebration of Etsy's 5th birthday. Since we had such a great response to the Meetup RSVP's, Etsy sent us a craft goody box.
I knew there were going to be porcelain paints, so I stopped at Goodwill on my way. I didn't find anything worth painting there, so I went next door to Dollar Tree and picked up four plain white coffee mugs. I am not at all crafty, but I thought that, if I bring extra mugs, maybe someone would paint something fun for me and make something for themselves as well. (I should have bought more, but wasn't sure who was bringing what.)
(Brenda, Tricia, and Nidhi)
It just so happens that my friend, Brenda, from BDoodleZ Cards and Design was there (BDoodlez.Etsy.com). Though she said she has way too many coffee mugs as it is, she was happy to make something fun for me. Some people just used the colorful markers from Pebeo and others used the paint as well. As the light faded, we looked everywhere for the elusive green marker. The colors from the markers are bright and beautiful. I'm anxious to see the finished products from those who used the paints as well.

It had to sit for 24 hours before I could bake it, but I just had coffee in my beautiful new mug this morning.
Thank you so much Brenda! I love it! (Check out the beautiful doodlez and cards in her shop!)

2 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

How cute! I love this!
Vicki

Jess said...

Cool Mug! sounds like you had fun!
:D

AddThis