Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Counting Crows


One Crow Sorrow
Two Crows Joy
Three Crows a Wedding
Four Crows a Boy
Five crows Silver
Six Crows Gold
Seven Crows a Secret
Never to be told.


- Author Unknown

There are many variations of this, including death, witches, Heaven and Hell. I also read about crows holding court and ganging up on one another. Although they can be noisy, crows can be fun to watch. There is a family of three that live around here. I've seen a lot of crow art on Etsy lately, so I'm guessing it's a trend for the coming Halloween/Autumn season. I particularly love this Black Raven Wash from Poor Dog Farm.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

very nice...I love the way you used backruns.

Miss Val's Creations said...

This painting is beautiful!

knittingdragonflies said...

I love this also!
Thanks for pointing it out!
Vicki

AddThis