Tuesday, November 2, 2010

More from the Greatest Sweater Ever


Do you remember these two purses that I made awhile ago? I finally made a Button Cowl or Collar from the collar of the original sweater. I've been wanting to do this for a long time and I finally found some classic vintage sweater buttons to use. I used matching wool to crochet a button hole edging along the one side. I LOVE how this turned out. It is so cool and comfortable, affording lots of different ways to wear it.

AND, I still have the sleeves! I'm thinking of making some mittens, then all I'll have left are scraps for flowers and a fabulous wool belt. I'm just sorry that I didn't take a picture of the entire sweater before I started all these projects.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, they turned out beautifully! Thats a great idea. :-)
I have two fave sweaters that I dont think I'll ever throw away when they're too worn to wear. Which is probably now actually, but I cant give them up yet. hehe
Recycling them will ensure I get to enjoy them longer. :-)

Abi said...

Wicked, that cowl is beautiful, and I love the handbag. Extra points for your recycling powers.

AddThis