Friday, May 20, 2011

Lemon Balm Pudding



I thinned out the lemon balm patch this morning. It smells so wonderful when first-picked, but you have to use a lot of it for a recipe as well as accentuate the flavor with some lemon rind or juice.
I made an easy cornstarch pudding and added a lot of chopped lemon balm. It instantly lost the lemony aroma, so I added two large pieces of lemon rind. I opted to strain it since it looked a bit chunky. Now it looks like Vichyssoise, but it tastes deliciously fresh! Add some to sweet bread recipes or cookies, but don't forget the lemon!
Posted by Picasa


***Edited to add more lemon balm recipes previously blogged.
Here is a refrigerator cookie recipe with Lemon Balm...
http://lazytcrochet.blogspot.com/2009/05/fresh-lemon-balm.html

And a vinaigrette or marinade recipe.....
http://lazytcrochet.blogspot.com/2008/05/use-what-you-havegarden-edition.html

4 comments:

Allison at Novice Life said...

Thanks for the tips! My husband was just harping on the other night that the lemon balm is INVADING the herb garden ;) Whoops!

PoetessWug said...

That's a new one on me! Never even used lemon balm in recipes. Sounds like it smells delicious though! :-)

LazyTcrochet said...

I remembered blogging about it before, so I just added links to some more recipes.

Splendid Little Stars said...

I have lots of lemon balm so these sound great! Yes, it does smell heavenly when freshly picked.

AddThis